Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Did you survive the Snowpocalypse?

We did! Though we're pretty well snowed in. The driveway got shoveled out today (thank God for friends and good neighbors), but that's as far as the progress goes. A few larger vehicles tried to maneuver around here earlier and ended up running into each other on the street. Neighbors had to dig them out. There have been no plows through my neighborhood yet, which is making everything a mess, but, that's typical for residential areas.

Ah, winter. What a trickster you've been this year. You grant us mild winter after mild winter in Missouri and then KERSPLOOSH... blizzard time. And I thought I'd escaped this kind of mess when I left Pennsylvania.

Anyway, luckily, we didn't lose power or anything dreadful like that. Sorry to those who have, though! I hope everyone's everything is up and running and driving safely soon. Below are some pics from the Snowpocalypse/Snowmagedon here in central Missouri. If any of you were affected by the blizzard, you should link pics as a comment. I'll show you mine if you show me yours...








2 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Glad it didn't get too bad up there! (I didn't know you were in Missouri! Pretty close to me!) It was a really pretty snow!

Whitney said...

Definitely snowed in. It sucked. Pics on my facebook :)