Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Seers of Light - actual novel location photos

Just wanted to take a minute to share with you some photos of Lily's path and lake trail in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The locations mentioned in the book were inspired by a real location.



"The trail was misty today, and the sun glowed through the trees in
soft white light. Weekday mornings were not the most popular time for
walking, and I was alone. It all smelled so good, like moss and wet
leaves. If I was supposed to think logically, why did everything have
to feel so surreal?"
_________________


We walked side by side for a time while I watched for it, the scant
patch of trees that concealed a tiny pebble beach...the silent lake.
“This way.” I smiled and pulled him from the trail.
He chuckled, ducking beneath the overgrowth. “Where are you taking me?”
“Don’t spoil it! Just follow me...here....”
It was as beautiful as I’d remembered. The only difference was that
Abram was missing.
“This is where I first met our Seer,” I said.
He looked out over the water and smirked. “He likes to make things as
dramatic as possible, doesn’t he?”
I laughed. “He does. He really does.”
Abram would have appreciated this sight. The water reflected fire and
blue, the bright-leaved trees and crisp autumn sky on its surface.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE - I miss PA soo much...I used to live there, spent most of my life in Bucks County...we moved here to VA when I was in 10th grade...it was a tough move, and I never got to say good bye to friends there. I miss it and will always call it home.

Beautiful...