Monday, June 22, 2020

Leaving Seattle

Whatever else havoc and stress coronavirus and layoffs have caused, at the same time I've seen that life has a flip side to its coin. I've had amazing things come up for me in the music world and I know it's time to embrace them entirely.

I've been surrounded by an incredible community of people supporting my performance goals in ways I could never have seen coming, and I'm thankful for these new friends. I'm also beyond grateful for my old friends, who are like sisters to me and always will be.

My dream to move across the country and live close to my little sister and real opportunities in the New York area has come to fruition. I can't believe that in August I'll be leaving the Pacific Northwest. But it's real, and it's happening, and life keeps pushing me toward my dreams at more and more of a breakneck pace.

It's such a crazy time. None of us know what safety and certainty even feel like anymore, but I've been fighting to turn sand into a pearl and I'm thankful that some really good things have still happened in spite of everything. I'm definitely going to be documenting the move and everything I do afterwards. I'm sure I will need the moral support to keep taking those brave leaps!

My mind boggles at life's insistence upon changing, but I'm ready.