Monday, May 3, 2010

Yaaaay books!

While my protagonist seems to be finding the natural point of her arc (thank God), Christian's sequel peak hasn't arrived yet. Main protagonist (who shall remain nameless) has had a long journey, and yet the poop is yet to hit the fan for both she and Christian.

I think I've reached the stage where everything seems like it will work out... *knocks on wood*. I also had a lovely surprise happen when I realized that there would be an unexpected twist in the plotline, and I thought, "Oooh, really?? Well... okay!" I LOVE those moments! They make me happy, because that's when I really get sucked into my own story, that's when I feel it like it's real, that's when I can't wait to get back to it, and it also tends to be where the story takes on a mind/purpose/resolution of its own.

In faaact, said surprise led to something amusingly frustrating, in that last night I was so freaked out by a scene I was working on (basically living out) that I could not fall asleep. I am super tired today! Hehe. But it's worth it, because my excitement level at the way this scene gripped me is at a high point.

Sort of off topic but still connected, to combat my tiredness, I had a very yummy Frozen Mocha Frappe this morning from the Lakota stand next door to my day job, and this Frappe was not at all made with skim milk... AND it had the whipped cream ON.

*smirk*

Yum.

Mwah,
Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS - what you do to us out there reading - I cant wait to hear more...sounds intresting! Christian...just thinking about him makes me want to go snuggle with my teddy bear.

Jen said...

Hahahaha. Your take on Christian is so endearing, Jenn. You're the only one who has compared him to a teddy bear. He's actually quite the pretty boy, that one. (Note Jesse Spencer in my casting call.) And he has so many charms of his own... I just needed to get him out of the Maddox limelight so he'd have a fair chance with the ladies. ;)