Tuesday, September 21, 2021

The God of Weak Men

 I'm going to go ahead and say it. 


You DO realize that the Old Testament version of God is a legitimately sadistic narcissist, right? 


He wants to test if Abraham has complete and total loyalty, though Abraham has never given him any reason to doubt it, and so he tells him to kill his kid. MURDER HIS CHILD. To prove it. Like some kind of a desperately needy sociopath. "You love me? Kill your kid for me...as a sacrifice for my pleasure. Prove your faith. I need to see it." Then they say he turns around and stops Abraham just as he's about to commit the act.  God let's out a giant "Psych!! I'm just kidding, man. Nevermind! Don't murder an innocent child. I'm satisfied that I could make you do literally anything now." 


Because even this God (or those who were creating him for the story) knew that letting Abraham go through with it would be an unrecoverable PR step too far. 


So Abraham goes ahead and sacrifices a lamb instead...because by darnit, Old Testament God appeared to really get off on seeing blood spilled in his name. I guess that nifty "Thou shalt not kill" thing was more of a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of situation. ;)


Of all the twisted, insecure, and psychotically needy things to do...that Old Testament God sure wasn't portrayed in a very flattering light. I mean, he wanted people murdered left and right. He ordered kids be stoned to death for disrespect, as well. It called him jealous. JEALOUS. If this didn't reflect the mindset of the times, and specifically the mindset of men, I don't know what did. They wanted to have uncompromising power, and so they invented a creator who did as well. This could justify any heinous action they wished to carry out. And it did. For some people, it still does.


None of the above is the trait of a 100% good, all knowing and omnipotent consciousness. These are all the traits of men. In fact they are the traits of the worst kinds of men. 


It is my strong belief that we paint God as we see ourselves throughout history. Which is why our idea of God has gotten softer, and kinder. Because we have as well. We have changed, we have grown, we are wiser, therefore our idea of God is as well.


There could very well be a Consciousness that animates all of us. But I still think a lot of us are a far, far cry away from understanding it. And we need to be careful not to emulate the traits of weak men parading as God. It has brought us nothing but heartache and violence. 


And yeah. I said what I said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golden Goose Deluxe Brand
jordan 1 high
jordan 4
off white hoodie
off white x nike
supreme outlet
yeezy boost 350
bapesta shoes
steph curry shoes
golden goose shoes

Shannon Mackle said...

Just a couple of months ago, I gave this relationship doctor Robinson buckler a try. It was my last hope to get my ex husband back.

Weeks before my ex left me and our 2 children, there were a lot of argument and fighting between me and him. On the day he left me, he told me that he doesn't think he loved me any more and this was not working. I was so devastated hearing this, I begged him not to go and I even promised that I would change. But he made up his mind already. He packed his bags and left our house.

I tried calling him and texting him to tell him I miss him and still love him. I asked him to give us another chance. He slowly stopped replying to my messages and stopped picking up my calls.

I then searched the internet on how to get ex back, and even bought a few products such as text your ex back and ex recovery system. Nothing worked, and my ex was still very cold towards me.

When I was about to give up, I found Robinson buckler ex back program. He is a relationship coach with a lot of success stories. I knew what I needed was not a book but a coach to guide me how to make my ex fall in love with me again. I immediately signed up for his program.

In the first couple of days, I made a lot of good progress. I am happier and more confident. My ex saw the positive changes in me, and started to talk to me more and even asked me out for dates.

Fast forward two weeks later, my ex told me that he wants to give our relationship a second try. I was beyond happy when I heard that.

Now, we are closer and happier together. It would not have happened without Robinson buckler help.

I highly recommend


R.buckler11@ [[gmail. com]]


100% result guaranteed..